Hey. Howdy. Hi. Aloha. Konnichiwa.
My name’s Alex. I’m just another twenty-something chick looking to better her life. That’s what this blog is dedicated to: a better, healthier life. After all, if you can’t control your own health, can you really control anything?
Health to me is so much more than a number on a scale, the weight you can lift, or the time you can run. It’s more than quality of food and drink. It’s more than physical fitness. Health is an all-encompassing state of being. It is mental as much as it is physical. Honestly, if denying myself french fries is going to make me miserable it’s not entirely worth it.
I’ve read hundreds upon hundreds of articles, books, essays, and studies on all sorts of healthy lifestyles. To date, I’ve tried over thirty “fad” diets. So this blog isn’t about dieting. It isn’t an all-or-nothing method to getting healthy. If I’ve learned nothing else, I’ve learned that a healthy lifestyle is something you have to live with.
I learned a long time ago not to let my weight define who I am (yes, that’s a struggle). So, outside of this journey, I’ve got quite a few hobbies.
- I’m a freelance writer. I write creative copy for businesses to help them win the attention of customers. I also write articles and blog (as you can see). You can learn more about that on my writers’ website.
- I’m a still a student as well. I will have my BS in Business Management in about six months. My minor is in Computer Science.
- I’m a geek. I’m a nerd. I’m a geeky nerd. I love gaming of all types and sci-fi movies. I watch Doctor Who, Sherlock, Farscape, Star Trek, Firefly, and all those other hip shows.
- I’m a self-declared foodie. I love to eat, which might be part of my problem. I love to cook. And bake. I pride myself in being able to take any recipe and flip it into something “healthy.” But I also like less healthy stuff too.
- I’m a people-person. I’m also an introvert. It’s a bit of a contradiction, I know. The people in my life are the best part of my life. My family and friends make getting up every day worth it, no matter what difficulties I’m facing.
So here’s to enhancing life, one blog post at a time!